Saturday, December 8, 2018

Case study: My 56 inches projection TV purchase in 1999

Dec. 8, 2018

Introduction


It was most expensive TV I purchased over $1000 US dollars. I like to write a blog to document the issues I had and how I learned from my mistake.

Projection TV


First I should not purchase big projection TV 56 inches. It was too big to fit in my small living room. I developed the headache when I watched the TV too long. I experienced all kinds of problems, I did not have friends to call or I can call, I watched a few movies on HBO channel whole day, I really felt so boring. I did not know what was the feeling.

One time I had to put a tiled floor on my home, I need to put the TV in my Chinese neighbor's home.

How to get rid of TV?


The TV was broken in less than one year warranty. I did get it repaired. And then it was broken in 2008. I had difficulty to throw into garbage can, since it was too heavy and huge. My roommate was a visiting professor and she told me to open the wooden box, and broke into small pieces, she helped me to carry down and threw into garbage can. It weighed more than 200 lbs, the TV set was with four wheels.

Some facts


I did not learn the basics of finance. I should learn to control expenses. I did not have US permanent resident ship and I was on practical training and H1-B, and the job I had called Atlantic entertainment was not stable, we had financial difficulty to get pay on time.

I had a phone screen from Microsoft but I could not pass phone screen, and my coworker found a full time job in Motorola and left Online gaming.

At that time I had office depot onsite interview but I could not make it on time.

I was too optimistic and also loved to spend money on everything. That was so bad.



No comments:

Post a Comment