Saturday, December 8, 2018

Case study: My clothing sofa purchase in 2000

Dec. 9, 2018

Introduction


It was another huge mistake I made. I also like to document it using a blog.

Case study


I purchased two brand new leather sofa from Rooms to go over $2,000 dollars in 1999. And I also purchased three glass tables to match the sofas. But in my bedroom, I had a sofa I moved over when I rented the place with my roommate in Unit #22.

One day my mom and I sit on the sofa, one of legs fell off. It was just a minor thing, I can drive my brand new Ford Explorer, and learn how to purchase a few nails, or ask a friend to help, put the leg back and showed off my problem solving skills.

Instead I went out with my mom and purchase two sofa from Rooms to go outlet, used ones or cheap one. But it still costs me over $600 dollars plus delivery fees.

When two delivery people moved the sofa into the living room, and they found out that the sofa could not fit into living room. Instead they just pushed so hard with scratches, put two leather sofa into my living room instead.

Actionable Items


I had a sister who was a teacher retired in the city of Shenzhen, she always planned to do things. She shared with us her plan where to put things in her new condo in Shenzhen before she hired contractor to do the work.

Compared to her, I like to review how I handle a project. Do I make a budget? Another $600 dollars? Later in 2015, my renters tried to sell those clothing sofa, but we could not sell it. I paid my renter $30.00 dollars to get rid of them. He gave away the big one to his coworker.

I really learned from the lessons how to make purchase, what is the way I solved problems. Do I try to learn something new, or reach out the community to help others when my mom was in Florida?

Always look up the salary a graduate makes in the city of Yichun, annual salary when I make a purchase. $600 US dollars sofa at that time can pay 10% of a condo in my home town. At that time I was in my 30s. I could not believe that I was so naive and indulge myself on spending.

Do not overspend. One day those classmates of mine back in my home town, yichun city jiangxi province, China all have a home, make a comfortable living with retired job and home and family, I have nothing to rely on.


Actionable Items


Follow up
March 24, 2019
Now I have one empty bedroom in the rental condo. The situation is so dynamic.

No comments:

Post a Comment