Saturday, December 8, 2018

Case study: My relatives trip to Shanghai from Yichun in 2000

Dec. 8, 2018

Introduction


It was most expensive trip to Shanghai in my life, I paid six people train tickets round trip, 3 day hotel in Shanghai and costed me over $5,000 US dollars for less than two weeks vacation in China.

Case study

My mom just went back to China, and she was in her early 70s. She had her first stroke. She could not bend knees when I walked down stairs. We had to help her learn how to walk since her stroke affected her in several ways.

Analysis 


I paid cash to purchase a brand new TV for my mom over $2500 Chinese yuan. I did not know how I came out the idea to have a trip for all of us. I did try to please my mom and help my mom recover from stroke. I did not believe that the trip could help my mom recover, since she needed two people to handle each side.

$350/ one room for two rooms, train ticket for each person with a bed costed more than $200/ one way each way. At that time, a college graduate's monthly salary is around $120 Chinese yuan.

I did not carefully consider how much money I spent on those nonsense trip. Considering that a college graduate only makes a salary around $120 Chinese dollars, I spent over $5,000 US dollars, a person 4 years salary for a short trip for a group of six people

Never underestimate the bad behavior from the very beginning. I just could not believe that I made such poor choices and wasted $5,000 dollars for a trip, which could be used to purchase a two bedroom condo in the city of Yichun in 2001.

Actionable Item


There are so many articles to talk about visiting parks nearby your home. Take a walk and other things. I have to take seriously to read those articles again.


No comments:

Post a Comment