Here is the article.
Take my notes in the following:
- In 2019, No. 1 chipmaker by revenue - Intel
- In 2017 and 2018, No. 1 chipmaker by revenue - Samsung
- Intel - 15.7% market share in 2019, Samsung 12.% No. 2 vendor Samsung
- Intel revenue - 0.7% year over year drop, $65.8 billion
- Total worldwide semiconductor revenue fell 11.9% to $418.3 billion in 2019.
Chipmaking giant (INTC) has had a rough 2020, which has rocked INTC stock. Intel stock climbed earlier this year on improving prospects, but tanked in the coronavirus stock market crash. It bounced back only to fall hard after its last two quarterly earnings reports. Still, some investors may be wondering: Is Intel stock a buy right now?
The Santa Clara, Calif.-based company ruled the personal computer era thanks to its close partnership with Windows software maker (MSFT) in what was called the Wintel alliance. But the growth of smartphones and other computing devices diminished its influence.