Thursday, September 10, 2015

Draw a circle algorithm

August 18, 2015
Interesting problem – draw a circle,
blogs to read:
C# code I wrote in Dec. 2012 is here

Follow up 


January 23, 2018

I traced my outlook email and then I found out that it is one of my phone screen algorithm I got in 2012. I supposed to write in 20 - 30 minutes, and at most 40 - 50 minutes.  

"More detail about the draw circle program, in first 10 minutes, I came out a mediocre solution, an then I tried to catch up while coding to put more ideas in, so I changed the original idea to set a target, and then made this 1000 tries to reach the target; the algorithm is like an undetermined optimal algorithm, with a lot of mistakes, losing the focus sometimes. I should have clarified the requirements with you before I started yesterday and work in the right direction. "

It is such a great feeling to read what I wrote in 2012. It is more than 6 years ago. At that time, I was too shy and I did not have habit to write daily. And I still remembered that I was so excited to have a phone screen, at that time, as a software developer, I was too isolated and my personality was kind of introvert. I was afraid to write down what I think at that time.

C# code I wrote in Dec. 2012 is here. Read the code I wrote more than 6 years ago. How to define the feeling? It is like meeting an old friend, sweet and sour. But this time the sour is mild level, code smells make the sour feeling. 

Code review and then C# code is written, the link is here

No comments:

Post a Comment