Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Encouraging story from tennis player - World No. 50 Elena Vesnina - Wimbledon 2016

July 6, 2016

 Enjoy the Wimbledon and also learn the sports - how hard people work, no matter age, seeded or unseeded.

 Here is the thought process of the player - Elena Vesnina:
It is a far cry from her struggles in Melbourne, or even last year’s Wimbledon campaign, which ended in the first round. So what changed?
“Self‑belief,” said the 29-year-old. “Positive thinking. I was not putting any pressure on myself going on the court – I know I'm in good shape, I'm playing good.
“I was not thinking about my draw. I didn't see who I was playing next round. I was trying to enjoy myself on the court first of all, because I'm here at Wimbledon – it's one of the best tennis tournaments in history, with the best players in the world.  I have to enjoy myself here.
“You really appreciate more what you have now. You really enjoy what you’re doing. I love playing tennis. It's the best thing what can happen with me. I'm really enjoying my time on the court, and off the court as well.
“I had really difficult beginning of the year, end of the year: I dropped out of the top 100, I was playing all tournaments starting from qualification. I had a lot of matches under my belt. It was not easy, to be honest, because I was in top 30, then I was like 120 or something. 
“I'm really happy that it didn't break me up. I think the difficult times - every single player has to go through it because it makes you better. It makes you stronger.”
Julia's comment:
"The difficult times - every single player has to go through it because it makes you better. It makes you stronger
Memorize the sentence!

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/articles/2016-07-05/unseeded_vesnina_reaches_first_grand_slam_semifinal.html




Reading blog:
http://parentingmentallytoughtennis.com/?p=185

No comments:

Post a Comment