Thursday, September 15, 2022

Amazon -> Desmond Zhou -> Linkedin post

Amazon -> Desmond Zhou -> Linkedin post  

It is a mixture of excitement, gratitude, and a little bit of panic as I step up as a Principal at Amazon.

 
When I first started as a SDE 11 years ago, I was astounded by the sections on PE descriptions in our SDE role guidelines. With the support and mentorship from many leaders and colleagues across both financial and recruiting organizations, I guess I made it.
 
* What Next?
Continuing to support the Recruiting Velocity, especially focused on foundational technologies, I hope to ramp up my contributions to be more deserving of the title. I want to focus on building a strong SDE community by guiding, sponsoring, and reducing friction. yet, not stepping away from hand-on design and building. It is exciting to work more broadly across functions to make the recruiting process at Amazon quicker, more accurate, and a more pleasant experience.
 
* I am Grateful!
I cannot thank each person who supported me over the years since it was a long journey. But if you worked with me, know that I remember and appreciate each and everyone. But I hope to take three lines of space to thank Dale ThomaMahalakshmi VenkataramanCalvin TangVinh TranMark RafnDoug DanceLisa JordanMegan Cycyota, Jessica WangChristian ClaibornAnand RathiDavid NadeauAlfonso P.
 
* Join Us!
Our organization is hiring as well. Recruiting is a key function at Amazon as it brings talent who can execute across the company. We are in a space where there are a wealth of opportunities to innovate. Our technical topics focus on architecture, data pipelining and integration, business automation, and modelling complex businesses to simplify them. We are in a position to be highly iterative, as your innovations and ideas can get to production quickly. If you are a developer or dev manager who finds this interesting or wants to know what keeps me here, let's get in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment