Friday, January 22, 2021

Expr stock: Jan. 22, 3 PM 1.17 - 4 PM 2.1 - 6 PM - 2.7 - A rookie investor

 Jan. 22, 2021

Introduction

It is important for me to learn how to sort priority. I was thinking about my rental property - a range, looked up bestbuy and home depot. But I did not set priority, purchased $10,000 US dollar EXPR stock as I made plans several time. I like to write down my story as an investor. 

EXPR stock - up from $1.1/ share to $2.7/ share

I like to document the process, and will come back to learn from my own experience. 













Lessons learned

I should write down lessons I learned from this short term investment project, start from biggest mistakes, and then write down one by one. 

  1. Biggest mistake, I did not sort priority. I was told by the rental, the electronic range needs to be replaced with four working coiling wire. I spend time to study home deport search feature and best buy search feature. And I spent time to study how good the design is, how to make improvements. I should set up priority, purchase $10,000 US dollars as planned several times, EXPR stock;
  2. I did some timing, last rebound is from 0.90/ share to 1.50/ share, and pullback to $1.1. I waited two days, but I was not sure if it is good buy at price $1.17. I should think the other end, when I sell, try to sell 20% more, when I buy, get in the fast moving train first. 
  3. I did not sell for profit at $1.40/ share, based on my experience, $400 gains do not help me. I need to time the market to get in. I may miss big gains. 
  4. I learned from my last year HSE.TO lesson, I purchased $10,000 dollars HSE.TO stock, and then 30% drop, I cheated myself, sold and bought back several times, but at the end, I missed 100% gains. The safest way is to add more share when price goes down. 
  5. I did not feel stress this time when my positions of EXPR went down 900 dollar loss. I knew that it is normal. Think about intrinsic value instead. 
  6. I should think about setting up project, for 30% loss, 1.17 to 0.90, and then over 100% gains, from 1.17 to 2.17. More than 3 times more gains compared to the risk. 
  7. I made mistake to sell 2400 shares. This was the first time I sold the stock in 2021, I made mistake, bought another 2400 shares of 1.9. I was panic to sell, in 4 minutes, I noticed that price was 2.1. 4800 shares, 4 minutes, 20 cents, extra 960 dollars gains. 
  8. I spent time to watch youtube.com video, studied CEO of AT & T, and other retail industry CEO interview. I understood how tough it is. 
  9. Express has over 14,000 employees. Most of jobs are low wage jobs as I have. I do think that it is important for USA to get back those jobs to help recovery. 
  10. Pandemic is best opportunity to build wealth. I have psychology problem, since I am afraid to lose money. I have not made over $10,000 dollars gains on stock market. That is part of reason I did not purchase and prepare early. 
  11. I asked the advice to purchase 10,000 share of EXPR, some of them told me that it is gambling. 
  12. My friends in wechat group told me to sell when price was around $1.4, $1.6. No one tried to get in and catch big return. Last return was 50%, but this time it was 170%, 35,000,000 shares from 3 PM to 4 PM, after market close, two hours another 20,000,000 shares. 
  13. Hard work is important. I do think that I need to learn more about business, manage myself better, set up priority, do not depend on others to make decision. Share and enjoy sharing, help others. Learn to collaborate, listen to others. 
  14. Being single is most challenge life. I worked so hard over 10 years, but I could purchase $50,000 US dollars last two days, catch 100% rebound after Biden inauguration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment