Thursday, July 1, 2021

Autocomplete | C# | Trie | My project summary | From June 25 to July 1, 2021

 July 1, 2021

Introduction

It is such exciting project to work on. I like to learn how to write my own Trie and then experience challenges how to scale the data with million rows of domains. 

Warmup | Auto complete

I spent time to read the project related to autocomplete using Google search, and I found out two good examples; After hands on experience, I decided to go for one of them. 


  1. How to Implement Autocomplete textbox in ASP.NET WITHOUT using Webservice & AJAX autocomplete extender. Here is the link;
  2. Download source from the above link;
  3. Tried and then I decided not to use the source code; 
  4. AutoCompleteExtender in ASP.NET, here is the link;
  5. Download source code, and I tried and it works. So I decided to use AutoCompleteExtender;
  6. Here is the blog to document my learning exeperience;
  7. Worked on C# Trie, started from Leetcode discussion post I had and then I worked on .csv file import, and then tested the code to compare the result using Excel -> table -> Filter -> startsWith;
  8. C# source code is here;
  9. Next step is to work on C#, ASP.NET web form application. 
  10. The biggest challenge is to deal with out-of-memory issue. I tried to look up Google, stackoverflow.com, and also looked up a few ASP.NET programming books, but I could not figure out how to solve the issue; 
  11. I did spend time to learn web.config how to set maximum size for Response; 
  12. I did come cross a few issues how to work with prefix and then display results accordingly. 


No comments:

Post a Comment