Sunday, July 28, 2019

Book reading challenging: Data models and query languages

July 28, 2019

Introduction


It is so challenging to think about being a senior engineer for top four software companies, how is it possible? I was so busy to work on Leetcode algorithms, I have two weeks to read a few books to prepare system design and product design. I need to find right book and read basics first, today I will give myself assignment to read a book chapter called Data models and query languages.

A task list 


I like to design a few questions for the book chapter to help myself and other to test how good the reading is. Do I understand the basics and also know what are most basic concepts to master?


Book reading time


Now it is 8:58 AM. I will start to read the book chapter now.

Page 46

MapReduce is neither a declarative query language nor a fully imperative query API,
but somewhere in between: the logic of the query is expressed with snippets of code,
which are called repeatedly by the processing framework. It is based on the map (also
known as collect) and reduce (also known as fold or inject) functions that exist
in many functional programming languages.

No comments:

Post a Comment