Monday, September 30, 2019

My art - winners embrace hard work

Sept. 30, 2019

Introduction


It is the inventory day at work. The secretary told us to clean the desk. And last minute of work the marketing girl likes to throw away the picture frame, I asked to keep it, and then I chose the verse I like, and make it a piece of art to put on my table.

My art  


Here is the verse with picture framework.


Julia is the name I use in the current job. I just found the verse from Google, and then add my name with five different colors - Julia.


A water cup with facebook logo is my daily tool to water the plants last few years. I got the water cup as a gift back in January 2015 in Westin hotel, a Facebook tech talk. After the talk, I asked the recruiter if I can get an onsite interview in the hotel next day. I guessed that they come to interview candidates in the city of Vancouver. I got one, but I could not solve a sliding window algorithm, and I started the coding blog called Juliacodingblog.com after January 2015.

I like to make my table more organized, so I like to use some folders to keep my printouts. I like to read books, and also take some break to print out the projects I work on.


I am so luck to live in Canada from 2010, so that I learn to build better healthy life style. Play tennis in the central park of Burnaby city. I have a charming personality to play over hundreds players. I start to learn to read people, and also learn to a really good sports player as well.


I like to be a winner. I just start to memorize the verse. I love the discipline of it. In other words, hard work discipline me. I need to train myself using Leetcode algorithms first. Meet people in mock interview first. Write discussion post first.

I love the trade-off I am making to win.
Here are highlights of trade-offs:
1. Try to minimize time to finish projects;
2. Increase my ability to solve problems;
3. Train myself hard to write algorithm and data structure problems first;
4. Leave system design as is. Learn by reading is not good enough, I should try to learn by practice, real coding on Leetcode online judge;
5. I should train myself to do good testing first on Leetcode, I will learn and adapt to my work quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment