Saturday, April 25, 2020

Case study: 2001 Boeing stock purchase

April 25, 2020

Introduction


I was at work in Trendium full time, and then I purchased some stocks just on Sept. 11, 2020. Recently I reviewed the stocks and then I can tell that I have no clue what to purchase since I purchased all technology stocks.

Boeing stocks case study


After the Sept. 11 attacks, the world stopped flying for awhile. Suppose that at this time, you had made an investment in Boeing, one of the world's largest builders of commercial aircraft. Boeing's stock didn't bottom until about a year after the tragedy, but from there, it more than quadrupled in value over the next five years. Clearly, although Sept. 11 soured market sentiment for the airline industry for quite some time, those who did their research and were willing to bet Boeing would survive were well rewarded.


Facts to review 


2001 to 2006 Boeing stock - four times more, 2002 bottom and then went up. 

Here is the graph shown by Yahoo finance stock date range - 9/11/2001 - 9/11/2006. 

My 2001 stocks and results

Here is the folder. 


No comments:

Post a Comment