Competitive programming is like tennis sports. So, when Julia blogs her practice on problem solving on HackerRank, she also likes to journal her practice, for example, log time spent on.
Here are the notes taken:
Journaling practices/ Matches (27:24/39:58)
- Date, Time, Type of Play (Practice/ Match)
- Opponent ( if applicable)
- Length of Time
- Focus/ Concentration
- Nutrition/ Hydration
- 3 things you did well, 1-3 things to improve
- smart goals
- LT and ST goals
- Set for practice and competition
- Write them down!!!
- Reflect on motivation and you commitment to these goals
- Evaluate, assess, adjust goals as needed
USTA Mental Skills and Drills Handbook
Action item: Read the book 20 pages. Take some short notes as well.