Monday, August 7, 2017

Software developer as a professional research

August 7, 2017

Introduction


It is 10:00 pm Sunday evening. It is also a good time to do some research. I choose the topic the software developer as a career. What should I study as a software developer?

Recently I did study the course on pluralsight.com how to be an outlier. I plan to review the course again.


Software developer tactics 


I have completed over 80 mocking interview since this March. First time I had mocking interview with a peer and we talked about 2 hard level algorithms after completion of mocked algorithms. I liked the discussion of the algorithm, it helped me to understand Leetcode 85: Maximal Rectangle. Compared to my last practice over 3 hours, the peer gave me 10 minutes lecture and I understood the algorithm in a new perspective.

I was so surprised that I am a new learner since I learn from a topcoder player who is willing to share his practice. I just chose a hard level algorithm and asked the peer to solve it.

Narrow down the research, choose a few articles to read:

The 13 developer skills you need to master now. The article on inforworld link is here.

Safeguard your code: 17 security tips for developers. The article on infoworld link is here.

Quora discussion - how many years can a programmer survive in India? The link is here.

The painful truth about age discrimination in tech, the link is here.

Quora question - sofware development is a dead end job after age 35 - 40 ?






No comments:

Post a Comment