Monday, December 25, 2017

Listen to your elder sister (I)

Dec. 25, 2017

Introduction


I have an elder sister who retires in China and she always laughs at me. She boasts all the time how social community country treat her really nice as a teacher. She worked all her career as a high school geography teacher and enjoy everything. She has visited more than 20 countries.

It is the biggest help if I can make some dollars in the city of Vancouver by investing a property five years ago. If I have more financial freedom, then I can enjoy myself to practice more algorithm, write more coding blog, less concern to work on something else to make ends meet.

But my point is to respect your elder sister, honor the woman who brought up a son, a mom of a staff engineer in California. If I can be close and dearest sister, I may add over $100, 000 dollars with less pain and sweating. The most important is to listen to your elder sister.

I have four sisters and one brother, one sister is such a smart one and she told me that I should buy a home five years ago. Now she thinks that it is too late to purchase a property in the city of Vancouver.

I was stubborn, and I set up my priority different way.

Bible teaching is to settle down a new place, be part of the community at the very beginning. Instead I choose to live an easy life, do not put myself under pressure of mortgage, and focus on my career.

Learning technology and work on career is hard to achieve with less guidance. Compared to listening to my elder sister,  I should have followed her guidance as she relocated to Guang dong province in 2000. I should choose to live a nice and comfortable home first, and enjoy the urban work and life as a Chinese, purchase a home and work with biggest bank first, and then figure out how to survive later.

I have been a Canadian last eight years now. I have to catch up and learn something about personal finance.


No comments:

Post a Comment