Sunday, December 17, 2017

It is time to say great thanks

Dec. 17, 2017

Introduction


I start to write a series of blogs related to "It takes village to raise a child". As a software programmer, I notice that I have developed so much confidence in writing clean code, readable code, self-documented code in 2017. People are so busy but they still find a little time to read my blogs. And then they are so busy but they like to share their experience with me through short phone conversation. It touches my heart every time I meet in person and talk through the phone. I feel that the world is so connected and I am making new friends. And also I start to understand the programmer job is actually people oriented, I have to reach out for help.

So it is my turn to write some thank you note to all the people working for various companies in 2017. Without those encouragement and feedback, I may be still the same quiet hard working lady, write coding blog every day, but now I am happy and healthy, make small progress every day, and  fully enjoy the beauty of coding.

My argument is this. Act like a super talent programmer, and then always find the joy to review the code, write a better one with more efficient, much better coding style, and also with advanced design of object-oriented. Now I spend less time to debug my code, and I always find myself to write a simple code.

Thank so many companies in 2017 to help me grow so well as a software programmer.

Amazon - January - Make my January so special and so challenging.

Google  -  February - Make me so excited, even though I experienced first car accident in my life in the same day, I learned to get more prepared for worse or for good thing in life.

Vision Critical - May -  Make me feel so special.

Copperleaf - I understand that how math can change the world, specially in financial industry

Refdash.com - I understand that every mistake I make in one hour mock interview, I also make  another great mark to show my progress.

Pramp.com - This is such a great company and I have chance to meet all over the world top talent people.

Amazon - July -  I worked so hard to push the limits to advance my coding skills.

Global Relay - September, Operating system question can be so challenging and great time to think about.

Microsoft - October - It makes me so excited to know how a start-up runs in the big company. So exciting to know the company and an engineering manager.

Amazon - October - I really like to think about work when I took vacation in China, I will try to compete again.

Stackoverflow - November - I always get the best advice and find my weakness in my skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment