Friday, January 18, 2019

Count the hours for my personal finance research

Jan. 18, 2019

Introduction


It is my personal finance research. I learn the mistake I made to sell VIGRX mutual fund in 2002, I sold it when it was low price. It was more than 17 years ago. I did not take time to learn how index fund works. Later I played on stock market, and never considered VIGRX mutual fund again. I like to be patient to myself, count hours to study personal finance first. If I did not sell it in 2002, then the fund will have market value $10,000, with $7,000 dollars gain.

100 hours mark


Knowledge is power. I should start to learn basics first.

I spent 4 weekends in November, 4 weekends in December, and also one week holiday break to study.

Total hour:
  8 * weekends (10 hours a day)
  5 week days ( 10 hours a day)
---------------------------------------
130 hours

200 hours mark


300 hours mark


400 hours mark


500 hours mark


Actionable Items


I do not save my VIGRX statements in 2001. I should parent myself and give myself warning since only thing I care about is to make profit, but I do not give myself chance to learn. One thing is to learn from my own mistake, my own experience. In order for me to do that, I have to save those finance records, so I can easily review all the transactions and learn from the mistakes.

This is basic personal financial habit. I should learn to build a good habit at the very beginning.




No comments:

Post a Comment