Here is the link.
Long Term Investing in Stocks Explained and how to take advantage of all the short term traders out there. I also discuss Methanex (MEOH) as a long-term investing example.
Long-term value investing principles
So, what are the principles of long-term investing
- Buying below intrinsic value
- Owning a business, not focusing on the stock
- Selling when the stock is above intrinsic value
- Buy companies that offer long-term quality - be it in the form of an asset, brand, location, scale or whatever.
- Have patience and let those dividends and investment compound
- Keep some cash on hand to take advantage of the opportunities the irrational - short term-oriented market offers
- Be patient