Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Catalan number

August 30, 2017

Introduction


It is the classical algorithm and also I like to practice again and again. It is called Catalan number. When I am tired, my brain stops working partially but I do not know which part. Today, I had a mocking practice starting from 10:00 pm, and I was very tired after one day coding at work, and then I asked the peer which one is row and which is column. I looked at the graph and I did not know where the row is. The peer told me that row should be horizontal. You see, when I am tired, I still can tell quickly the horizontal and vertical, but I could not tell which is row and column. I have to ask the peer and get some assumption based on the common sense.

I practiced the algorithm before more than once, one time I was the interviewer and one time I was the interviewee.

Algorithm


Here is C# practice. I wrote the code to pass all test cases in my first writing.


Actionable Items


Try to figure out the tough situation, when I am tired and physical sleepy, after one day work, 10:00 pm, what is my best strategy to work with peers to solve data structure and algorithm problems.

Yesterday I booked 10:00 pm mocking, but at 9:30 pm, I laid on bed to read wechat and fell asleep, when I woke up, it was 10:10 pm, I missed the mocking practice.

Never lay down and I should sit up and keep myself wake until 10:00 pm.


No comments:

Post a Comment