Friday, October 27, 2017

Code review "LINQ and string.Split do it yourself practice" (II)

Oct. 27, 2017


Introduction


It is the first time I understand that the technical strength can only be trained by dedicated practice. Today I had chance to walk through those five lines of C# code, and explained to the peer how to apply those things in C++ code.

Will come back to document more about the experience as an interviewer. My last blog about the code review is here less than one month ago.


Algorithm talk 


The peer likes to write C++ but the complexity of code is beyond his expectation. 30 minutes is too short to come out the workable solution.

Here is the C# code written by code review on stackexchange.com:


Each step in the above C# code can be a small function written in C++ if the peer does not know the regular expression, or similar LINQ method. 3 or 4 years job experience does not help to train yourself to be a good C++ programmer. You need to train carefully.


Actionable Item



Plan to do some research about post vacation syndrome. I need to get out of relationships from the family back in China, less frequent using wechat to communicate family in China anymore, and get back to my normal work day in the city of Vancouver. One thing I choose to do after I overcome jet lag is to practice mock interview every day 10:00 PM. Need to meet new people and learn more about the industry and people.

Give myself a pat on my shoulder. Show my report of first mock interview after a month break.

No comments:

Post a Comment