Sunday, January 28, 2018

Deletion distance algorithm

January 28, 2018

Introduction


It is very hard for me to learn a dynamic programming solution to solve deletion distance. One thing I have learned is to understand the difference between recursive and dynamic programming. The peer is a latest computer engineering PH.D. from top university, he asked me tough questions. I had hard time to go over the analysis and answer his questions, but I managed to learn and answer correctly.

It is not good to memorize the solution, that is the reason I seek for the advice for each mock interview. This time I had chance to learn from top graduate and understand how important it is to be able to explain the algorithm.

I have to understand the algorithm and be able to defend my analysis. Mathematics is my undergraduate study major, I love to prove something based on theorem.

Analysis and code review 


Here is the transcript I wrote in less than 30 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment