Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Being an interviewer: System design - design instagram

January 31, 2018

Introduction


I do not have chance to sit in the classroom to learn the system design, and then I do not plan to learn system design today. But today the peer had super performance, first 40 minutes he passed through all four algorithms, including array, recursive, graph and then dynamic programming. So I asked him to have a system design question, design instagram with scalability.


System design best one


It is so enjoyable to learn through the best system design in the world.

Here is the transcript. And the best thing is that I can watch the video again and again, learn every step he developed the design. The interviewer has more than 10 years experience to work on search engine in the city of Seattle, USA.

Every time I feel stressed to learn system design, I just go back to watch the recording, and then learn from the best.

I remembered one time I met the senior developer working for Microsoft fifth time in mock interview. I told him that I work as an interviewer in another platform. And he asked me how much I get paid. I laughed about it.

Transcript starts here:
end here.

Follow up 

Nov. 15, 2019
I like to review the notes again. I like to spend 10 minutes and learn from my own experience. What should I do in terms of system design? I did not have chance to write so many content in my Facebook onsite in August 2019. I was interrupted before I like to talk about diagram, distributed file system or storage.

No comments:

Post a Comment