Thursday, October 29, 2020

MCFE stock: My shareholder experience - less than two weeks from Oct. 22 to Oct. 29, 2020

 It is my job to set stop loss so that I can survive market volatility. I ended up selling MCFE with loss $200 dollars. 

It is my short term history in my USA retirement account. 


I will work on lessons learned:

  1. I should have sold it early, or stop loss at $50 dollars. 
  2. I limit my stock purchase less than $6000 dollars, since I know that it is hard to beat the market. 
  3. Stop big loss is tough job for me to learn. 
  4. I had $200 gains from $19,100 to $19,300, gains are small ones, but loss is quick and less than two days on MCFE, $280 dollars in less than two days. 
  5. I should not keep position $1800 dollars on MCFE, it will be much better to hold MSFT $1800. 
  6. I need to learn lessons - keep learning. 

Technical problem of Ameritrade.com

Ameritrade.com showed wrong market price for me to sell, I double checked twice, it is $16.80, not $15.90, so I decided to sell on market price with $1680.00. But final price is $15.90. 

To play stock market, I like to learn more about business. It helps me to understand US business and stay frugal to survive hardship. 

3% rebound in less than one hour


Buy high and sell low - panic 

It is hard for me to learn as a stock investor. I was panic and then ended up with $200 dollar loss. 

Follow up 9:43 AM
What I should do is to expect that there is a big drop at 7:00 AM. I should sell all 100 shares, wait for the drop, and bought back at price $16.00 dollars, and sell it at $16.50. And so on. 


No comments:

Post a Comment