Friday, January 18, 2019

Case study: what activities hurt me most in down time (Series 1 out 3)

Jan. 18, 2019

Introduction


It is my personal finance research. I like to conduct a topic called what are good activities in down time.

Case study


I like to get an example about my first laid off from a startup company called Trendium in 2001 Sept. I did a few things to surprise me, and I had no ways to recover those data for my personal finance research.

What I did is to destroy those personal return checks, and bank statements from Chase, and all the letters from my relatives in China, and all other personal documents from 1996 to 2002.

I am lucky to have those W2 Form, and a few pay stub for each company I worked for.

How are those decision made? I had no idea. I learned the concept called parent myself after I turn 18. It is hard for me to do the job, because I am single. And back in 2001, I did not have a roommate to talk to, I purchased a condo, 2 bedroom, I left extra bedroom empty from August 1999 to August. 2002, only used for my mom two times for her USA visit.

How to parent myself? 


In 2019 January, I started to get the credit card statement from 1996 to 2018. So I can analyze my expenses from 1998 to 2001. I had net income over $110,000 dollars, citi credit card statements from Dec. 1998 to Sept. 2001 are available for me to analyze. Those amount of purchases are $40,000, but there are still $70,000 dollars, more than 60% I could not analyze dollar by dollar since there are no returned check, bank statements.

60% of those net income $110,000 are hard for me to analyze, so I only can do some estimation. But I can not learn the truth from those financial data.




No comments:

Post a Comment