Thursday, June 27, 2019

It is fun to be an interviewer!

June 27, 2019

Introduction


It is my normal mock interview again on June 26, 2019. I spent time to work with the interviewee on two algorithm, one is lowest common ancestor, second one is remove k digits. The interviewee showed me how to use slide window and bucket sort to solve the algorithm called remove k digits. He surprised me since he proved to me that it is a linear algorithm.

One idea to practice


After mock interview, I decided to write C# based on bucket sort, slide window. It is painful experience, but I learn to take time and make it work first. And then review the code and make it much better.

One thing I learn from the interviewee is his very good performance in mock interview. After 60 minutes, he told me that he works for Google.

Survey of interviewees


I met so many interviewee working for big four software companies recently.

I interviewed a few weeks ago, and then after a few days, the interview got connected to me. He works for Facebook.

I interviewed an engineer, she was super good performer. She told me she works for Microsoft Seattle. It was a few weeks ago.

So my mock interview experience is such great experience for me to compare myself to those super good performers.



No comments:

Post a Comment