Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Case study: Online code screens in 2019

June 25, 2019

Introduction


It is hard for me to pass online code screen in 2019. I moved on personal finance research starting from Dec. 2018, since I like to figure out how to build wealth and grow rich.

Back to algorithm and data structure research


I had to move back to algorithm and data structure research this March, after I got my first online code screen from Amazon Vancouver. I could not clear it. I need to put two task together, personal finance research and learn how to build portfolio and move my assets in bank to stock market first, in the same time, I have to push myself to overcome difficulty to pass online code assessment.

In April 2019, I passed the first time Microsoft online code assessment. In June 2019, I passed the first time Amazon online code assessment. I write the blog because I like to get Facebook phone screen in short future in 2019. I have to work hard.

Great art of Amazon phone screen email


I got this email today. I really like the art and marketing idea.


Huge thanks to Amazon, Facebook and Microsoft and Google


I just could not believe that I become such a good programmer, super patient, and also once a while hard to control my nerve under stress. But overall I learn how to be a better problem solver, not just algorithm and data structure. I start to apply personal finance.

I only have one hour phone screen, one day onsite interview at most from one company one year. I have only two onsite with Amazon 2016 and 2018, one onsite with Microsoft in 2008, I missed so many opportunities to build wealth in stock market from 2010 to 2019.

But I learn the importance to be open, I learn every week day as an interviewer, discuss algorithm with interviewee on interviewing.io.

I just could not believe that how good I become to use one algorithm to interview people. I should write one more show case of my recent mock interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment