Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Kudo to Dr. David Yap, Burnaby hospital

Sept. 4, 2019

Introduction


It is my sick day. I decided to write a blog to document my experience. Two days ago I cleaned my room, I hit the suitcase wheel in my room and my left smallest toe got swollen. Today I went to emergency room in Burnaby hospital after X-ray.


What I learned


This Monday I hurted my left toe smallest one, after a few hours, I took a nap, and then at 7:00 pm, I went out to play tennis, I felt that the toe was painful and swollen.

Tuesday I went to work, after work, I went to walk-in clinic, and then I was told to take X-ray; if there is dislocated bone, after X-ray, I should go to emergency room, some one knows how to correct it.

Wednesday morning I went to X-ray, after x- ray, and I was told to take CD with me, and then I should go to emergency room to get help.

This is the first time I went to Burnaby hospital emergency room as a walk-in. I learned a few things by the visit.

I just could not believe that Dr. yap is a quick-problem solver, he pulled out my toe, and I heard the pop sound of bone came out socket. I was told to do X-ray after his work. The nurse did buddy tape my smallest toe. I need to body tape my smallest toe with fourth one, four days.

I like to learn more about Dr. Yap.

Here is the page I like to read.

I heard the conversation in emergency room about my neighbor 92 years old fell, and asked her neighbor to help her to hospital, and in X-ray I saw 92 years old lady. It is a totally different person compared to my neighbor, a retired physician, 92 years old Chinese, UBC graduate. Canada is a totally different country compared to China, USA.

Kudo to walk-in clinic physician as well


I also like to take a look linkedin profile of physician Olga Cyganik. She was the doctor I visited, and she advised me to do X-ray first, and what to do next.








No comments:

Post a Comment