Monday, October 28, 2019

How to stay connected to China and keep relatives happy?

Oct. 28, 2019

Introduction


It is my personal finance research. I like to figure out how many hours I spend in a year to chat with relatives in China. I am a single person and 53 years old, I like to figure out how to make a living in Canada.

How many hours?


The idea is to look into how efficient I am compared to 20 years ago. I used to spend a few time $200/ month US dollars on long distance calls to China from 1999 to 2001.

I think that I was not efficient to communicate with relatives. I used to pay 65 cent/ minute in US dollar for long distance call from 1996 to 2000.

I used to talk to my mom every day later when the calling card was cheaper after 2000.

I have to learn how to discipline myself. Do not waste time and money.

Being frugal


I like to challenge myself. Do not spend time on wechat. Cut time to minimum.





No comments:

Post a Comment