Saturday, January 25, 2020

10 reasons I failed to start my personal finance research

January 25, 2020

Introduction


It is my personal finance research. I like to figure out what are 10 reasons I failed to work on my US 401 K and IRA from 2010 to 2019, I did not start my personal finance research until Nov. 2019.

10 reasons


I like to write down 10 reasons and also push myself to learn more about personal finance, and build a community around myself to build wealth and grow rich.

1. First, from 1999 to 2009, I did not spend over 100 hours to study personal finance, investment; I never review my credit card statements, learned how to use Excel sheet to calculate my expense. My foundation of business analysis was too weak;

2. I made mistakes in investment. I sold VIGRX in 2001 to have 30% loss; I did not learn anything until 2009 I sold everything in stock market in 15 years low; What I did was to ignore the need to learn how capitalism works;

3. My christian belief, and my church activities, I did not push myself to learn basic skills how to do book keeping, and invest time to read investment books at all. My attitude to build wealth and become rich is wrong, I still was in hope to get back to high paid software engineer job;

4. I was under stress from 2010 to 2019. I got addicted to have road trip to USA to do cloth shopping;

5. I spend a few years to play tennis and tried to lose weight. I did that from 2012 to 2018.

6. I worked on Leetcode from 2015 to 2019, and worked on my coding blog;

7. Whatever I do, I should always keep study how to build wealth and grow rich every year;

8. I spent over three years to learn how to file Canada immigration application for my nephew from 2016 to 2019. I should always put my own goal first;

9. I always think about being nice and also practice my Christian belief; My mindset is to live a life from a paycheck to a paycheck.

10. I do not learn and spend time to watch youtube.com video, instead of watching Netflix for entertainment.

Overall, I dot not push myself to advance myself in terms of reading skills, and other challenging activities like contests, and other activities like blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment