Saturday, March 28, 2020

Seven mistakes I make as an investor from May 2019 to March 28 2020

March 28, 2020

Introduction


It is hard than I expect to learn to be a long term investor. I took one week vacation from March 23 to March 27, and most of time I studied about market swings and every thing behind this swings. I definitely make mistakes an an investor. I like to find what are seven mistakes.

Seven mistakes


I like think about and see if I can find seven mistakes I made as a long term investor.


  1. Hours I spent on studying are over hundreds of hours, but I wasted time to check balance and for those unrealized gains. What should I work on as a long term investor?
  2. I have problems to deal with big loss on market swing, so I experienced something new like anxiety, panic sell etc; I should take a day off if I know there is big market swing, stay home and take some actions. 4 circuit break means 4 days not-peaceful-life mood;
  3. I should be humble and find some community to support me as a long term investor;
  4. I came cross a few opportunities to make profit, but I missed. So I will write down in item 5, 6, 7;
  5. VAB.TO profit over $2000 in one day; I should sell all my bonds to take profit; 
  6. I should pay attention to coronavirus when China had worst hit in Hubei province; pray and seek God for wisdom;
  7. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment