Saturday, June 27, 2020

Lori Goler - lean in sharing

Here is the article. 

It was 2008: I had been working in tech for nearly 10 years, or in Facebook terms, since Mark Zuckerberg was 13 years old. I was an early Facebook user, an avid fan and excited about Facebook’s bold mission. When Sheryl Sandberg joined Facebook as Chief Operating Officer, I noticed. I knew that helping to build Facebook would be a once-in-a-lifetime experience. At the very least, I had to raise my hand at the chance.

I picked up the phone and called Sheryl. I had met Sheryl socially, but did not know her well. I was oddly surprised when I was able to reach her. I had no idea what Facebook needed. I only knew I wanted to do something that mattered. I figured I didn’t have much time, so I launched right in: “Sheryl, what is your biggest problem and can I help solve it?” We later laughed that I hadn’t even taken time to exchange pleasantries.


No comments:

Post a Comment