Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Leetcode submissions: My history from 2015 to 2022 | Ideas to make more submissions

April 27, 2022

Introduction

I started to work on Leetcode practice after I had one hour onsite with Facebook in the city of Vancouver. I still remembered the day and I was so excited but I could not perform very well. It is a simple algorithm using sliding window. I decided to work on Leetcode, and started to practice. It is a long journey, and then I got 4 Amazon onsite, three Facebook onsite, one Google onsite, and two Microsoft onsite. I am preparing Meta onsite and Google phone screen. 

Submission history | 2015 to 2022












Ideas to make more submissions

I definitely think that it is important to learn from Leetcode discuss post. I should try to learn different languages, for example, read some Python code, and make submissions, it is fast and easy way to learn Python. 

Try different ideas to work on algorithms, try to work on easy level algorithms first. And also it is fun to learn a few more solutions for each algorithm I practice and try to write my own code using C#. 

Definitely it is easy to tell that I am not good to manage submissions. It is definitely a good training tool to practice on leetcode.com. I took too long breaks in-between and I do not have consistent history of submission. My peak submission count is not competitive compared to other top-ranking players. 

It is easy now to follow top players most voted discuss post. I can choose 10 favorite players, and review 10 algorithms from each player top voted discuss post. 

Follow up

I put together a picture with all last 7 years submission history, so I can figure out what is my favorite month to practice and why it is my favorite month. 



I should have a check list for Leetcode algorithm practice:

  1. Make a three months plan, one month plan, or one week plan for practice;
  2. I used to take weekly contest in the weekend, so that at least I will practice four algorithms a week;
  3. It is better to work on most popular or most voted algorithms; 
  4. I paid for Leetcode premium membership, 2022 is the second year to pay premium fee. 
  5. Have a monthly, quarter, or annual review on Leetcode practice. 
  6. Think about better ways to practice besides Leetcode. 
  7. Work on a few more ideas later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment