Saturday, April 9, 2022

Three lessons learned in my IRA - Ameritrade.com | 2022 first quarter

 April 9, 2022

Introduction

It is my quick review of my Ameritrade.com IRA account. I had very big loss and my balance dropped from $29,274 to $24,500 in less than one month. I was too busy but actually too lazy, I thought that it will rebound as usual. It is hard to get back from lowest point $24,500. Now my balance is around $27,275.00 dollars. 

Summary | Q1 first quarter | 2022

I like to write down something to learn from my own experience. 


Three lessons to learn in Q1 2022

  1. Understand that Gray stock is so volatile. It went down from $4.00 to $1.20, but I hold 1000 shares and I did not cut loss around $2,000 dollars at that time; 
  2. Understand that it is not easy to handle so many stocks with downturn. All stocks went down together, but some of them never came back;
  3. Do not take too risk on bio tech stocks. Learn how to cut loss. Be honest, be willing to take loss. 
I can think about more, but I just list three things now to save time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment