Sunday, December 2, 2018

Case study: 2017 August 16 $12000 Canadian dollar exchange to US dollars

Dec. 2, 2018

Introduction


I had my first personal finance month. I started to review all my financial data, and then started to review one by one. I have to push myself learn better and quick, I decide to write blogs related to my personal finance, analyze and figure out what I should do better. The money I can save is the money I earn, if I can make $1000 dollars difference through those transaction, I definitely should spend at least 100 hours to work on them.


Case study


I was so surprised that I missed the chance to invest any condo from 2010 to 2015 even though I had a very stable job last 8 years. With my management experience, I know that if I make mistake like the condo purchase project, I have to push myself to do more research on each purchase decision. If I do not work on good research on daily business decision, how come I can expect myself to make big reward on condo purchase.


The reason I had to purchase US dollars is to pay off my US home equity loan. I had deadline to meet, Dec. 2017. So I decided to do two transaction, since it was the first time I purchase US dollars from King market.

I should at least spend 10 hours to study the history of conversion rate, and then figure out what is best time for me to make purchase of US dollars. How many times should I make transaction? How many things I have to learn from youtube.com, or through the experience once a time.

I think that I should do it early in 2017, August is too late. I should make small transaction a time, and then I figure out what I should learn and catch up. $12,000 dollar is just too big amount for one transaction. I paid for 0.78 invert rate, one month rate I got 0.80 invert rate for $10000 dollars. 0.02 for 10000 is $200 dollars. If I can purchase US dollars when the exchange rate is 1:1, then I can save at least $2000 dollars.


No comments:

Post a Comment