Sunday, January 27, 2019

Case study: over 8,000 dollars wants not needs

Jan. 27, 2019

Introduction


It is my personal finance research. I do not know what is the way for me to learn personal finance; I like to figure out why I choose not to purchase a home in Vancouver area when one bedroom over 10 years old is around $130,000 Canadian dollars from 2010 to 2015. I knew that I did not learn how to discipline myself financially. I like to case study my USA checking account and what I spent on those rental income over years.

Case study


I like to do a quick and short case study. I like to find topics for me to work on. How to discipline myself? I have this issue to spend money on clothing and vacation, spending on relatives with compassion. But I am lack of financial knowledge to invest those money instead. All those are gone.

One thing for me to learn is that home is most important thing to purchase, at least I should make a plan on it.

Actionable Items


I need to get 2012 and 2014 citi credit monthly statements. I like to question every item purchase on the credit card. I like to build a value system and understand what is needs and what is wants.

I do not learn enough lesson without a job permit and without income; I should stop shopping anything except grocery and gas. And also I need to count miles I drive, document purpose and see if can lower the cost and choose alternative public transit.

Later on, I did not have money to maintain the minimum balance, I had to transfer money from Canadian bank. And then I had to figure out how to repair bathroom, hundreds of hours research and I had to work out to find a cheapest solution; I had to transfer money from Scotia bank to pay a new central AC installation.

Credit card spending is such a bad habit. I did take over 22 trips to USA Bellingham from 2011 to 2014.

If I learn compound effect, then I should invest those credit card expenses in stock market, then I can use those net income to pay later on bathroom repair and a new central AC.



No comments:

Post a Comment