Monday, April 29, 2019

Personal finance research progress report 2019-04

April 29, 2019

Introduction


It is time for me to write a progress report for my personal finance research. I started from Nov. 2018, and I was so busy to work on so many projects; I like to write a progress report.

Progress report


I did a few things this weekend. One thing I did is to send external transfer form to Ameritrade, I need to transfer IRA CDs and CD from New york community bank to Ameritrade. Currently I have six year term 1.2% interest.

I like to continue to research personal finance; One thing I learn every day is to understand my job to manage my asset. I need to learn finance investment vehicles and then start to work on short term interest and middle term and long term interest. I need to build a portfolio and seek long term growth, beat inflation and also understand Vanguard total market index ETF VTI performance from 2010 to 2019.

I like to continue to learn more concepts, strategies; I have to learn basic problem solving skills, and slowly put 60% of my asset in equity, and then 40% on bond.

I understand that I am still in wealth accumulating stage, it is better for me not taking too big risk to purchase inflated real estate in Vancouver area.

Check list to put $10,000 dollar into VTI


I am thinking about put $10,000 dollar into VTI in IRA account. Should I invest once or make it a dollar cost average plan to reduce the volatility?

How to stay on the course this time?


If market crashes in next 12 months, how can I stay on the course? I understand that it is better for me to dollar cost average to invest when the price goes down.


Canada savings 80% into equities?


I need to learn how to manage my Canada savings.

No comments:

Post a Comment