Saturday, May 25, 2019

Case study: C# expert and algorithm good problem solver

May 25, 2019

Introduction


It is one of my strategies, I worked on one of graph algorithm 399Evaluate Division, so I just decided to study one of C# post since I find that it is very easy to read and everything looks straightforward. I like to learn from Jesse Drogin

Case study


I spent 30 minutes to write C# code based on the study code, and then I found out that there are a few things new to me. I need to learn and work on.

I gave out the first upvote for his post, and then I learned that he shared the post in 2017 two years ago. He has more than 500 reputation and then I know how hard it is to get 500 repuation, related to myself with 96 reputation.

I also checked his linkedin profile, he joined Amazon two years ago. I understand that I found the expert of C# programming, industrial experience, and very good sharing on code on Leetcode.com.

Hard to follow his practice


It is very challenging task to review his practice on Leetcode.com. What I like to do is to review more of his solution on Leetcode.com.


Get some advice


I wrote an email to the author by checking his linkedin profile, Google search his name and find his github, and then gmail account. I sent him an email, and then I got feedback in less than five minutes on Leetcode.com.

Here are the discussion between me and the author:


Read More
@jdrogin Thank you again for generous sharing and a lot of good advice. I will look into them one by one.
I also noticed that you joined Amazon in 2017, and you finished all 360 algorithms before you went to onsite. You have a lot of excellent industrial experience and good problem solving skills to share with me and others on this platform. Let me think about better ways to get to know more.
0
Reply
Share
Edit
Delete
Report
Read More
@jianminchen You are on the right track. Have you read the book "Cracking the Coding Interview"? It is pretty standard overview of all these kinds of algorithms, it will help you with the fundamentals. From there it is just about practice, practice practice. Be sure to do lots of the "easy" ones and do them more than once to make sure you know the basics before toiling with the harder ones. The interviews at tech companies for entry developer role will mostly be easy to medium, hard are a bit beyond what you need to be good at for that purpose. Always figure it out on your own before looking at other's solutions. Also try other sites like Hacker Rank. Also, start learning Python, it is a more common skill than C# these days. Of course C# is a great language to be proficient at, but there are many languages and it will help your understanding if you are familiar with more than one.
1
Reply
Share
Report
Read More
@jdrogin Nice to meet you on leetcode.com. Thank you for generous sharing.
I am doing research how to find you past practice on Leetcode.com.
  1. all sharing post you wrote on Leetcode.comLeetcode.com does not provide product feature anymore to list all discussion post one player shares.
  2. The algorithms you solved (360 algorithms). I like to learn 100 more algorithm and push myself to solve another 100 algorithms in next few months.
  3. I notice that you have good understanding of C# API like Dictionary class, and also backtracking etc. , I like to get to know more about your practice, get some advice on mastering C# in terms of data structure and algorithm problem solving.
  4. You are very good role model for me. You have 500 reputation, I know how hard it is to get reputation on Leetcode.com. I have 96 reputation so far. You are very efficient to share knowledge and a good problem solver.
I am practicing for interviewing, and even I do not get a job, I enjoy to be a better problem solver on algorithm and data structure first, and then apply to other area in my life, like personal finance, investment etc. Also I am the interviewer five days a week on interviewing.io. For example, I meet a lot of good engineers last week, Ebay, Nvida, GE healthcare, past Microsofter, I learn a graph algorithm very well since the interviewee worked on graph database on ebay.com. I just encouraged myself to reach out to ask help and advice.
0
Reply
Share
Edit
Delete
Report
Read More
Hi Jianmin,
What can I help you with? Are you practicing for interviewing?
Thanks, Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment