Friday, May 31, 2019

Case study: My portfolio idea - VFV, VDU, VAB (series 1 of 10)

May 31, 2019

Introduction


It is my personal finance research. I have to set up my portfolio on QuestTrade.com for my TFSA account,  I have $50,000 Canada dollars and I like to set up portfolio as soon as possible.

Case study


I spent half hour to read this portfolio seen in the article 2019 Top 3 Index ETF To Invest (Canadian Retirement Guide). I like to copy the idea and see what I should learn from.

Symbol
Description
VFV
Vanguard S&P 500 Index ETF
  • 0.08% Management Fee
  • 500 largest stocks in the United States
  • Example: Microsoft, Google, Visa, Disney, Walmart
VDU
Vanguard FTSE Developed All Cap ex U.S. Index ETF
  • 0.20% Management Fee
  • 3,900 stocks in developed countries (excluding US)
  • Example: RBC, Nestle, Adidas, Samsung, Toyota
VAB
Vanguard Canadian Aggregate Bond Index ETF
  • 0.08% Management Fee
  • 900 government and corporate bonds in Canada
  • Example: Federal, Provincial, Municipal bonds
Pie Chart:  30% VFV / 30% VDU / 40% VAB
ETF Portfolio Summary
  • 60% Stocks and 40% Bonds
  • 0.12% MER (Management Expense Ratio)
  • 4,400 companies in developed markets around the world
  • 900 investment-grade bonds in Canada

1 comment: