Thursday, June 27, 2019

Case study: Charles Schwab 401 K account

June 27, 2019

Introduction


It is my personal finance research. I start to learn every feature on Charles Schwab website, I login in my Par 401 account, and today I found the button to add non-Charles Schwab account. So I added my US dollar account.

Case study


I added my Chase bank account, and then TD Ameritrade.com account. I could login my BB& account, and then I plan to close NYCB CD account very soon.

I got my information ready. It is the very beginning for me to learn how to manage myself in terms of personal finance.

I started my personal finance research from Dec. 2018, and then I found out that I should learn and be frugal, and then next step is to learn how to invest on stock market. I should have learned how to invest properly from 1998 to 2019.

I have confidence on my talent of research, so I just go ahead to move my research on algorithm and data structure to investment. What I do is to learn from basics, every feature on Charles-Schwab website, ask question about product feature, and then work on it day by day, one hour a time.

If I am humble and appreciated what I have early, then I must have learned how to invest on stock market, my 401 K and IRA should have doubled or tripled from 2010 to 2019.


Actionable Items


I did some research about lottery winner and went-broke after winning. One thing I can tell is that those winners are lack of personal finance knowledge, education, experience. They also do not study behavior finance, how to treat relative and friends with money issue.

I know that before I can accumulate more wealth, I should have good knowledge of Ameritrade product feature, how to read my own data, and also get familiar with various app to track the performance.

I am still learning from various source about investment basics. I will turn 53 years old this October. I like to prepare better for my finance health.

No comments:

Post a Comment