Thursday, February 13, 2020

Design large data intensive application - find 10 mentors

Feb. 13, 2020

Introduction


It is so important for me to learn advanced topic about storage design - LSM tree this week. I like to encourage myself to learn better from reading book: Design large data intensive application, so I have to find terms like LSM tree, and then find good talks first. I like to give my ranking from those presenters.

Best talks 


It is so important for me to find mentors through youtube.com, so that I can learn most important content about storage design like LSM tree. I spent over 10 hours to read a book chapter, but I found out that I could not learn by myself, I need to get some help from those mentors.


  1. Oana Balmau
  2. Niv Dayan
  3. Alex Petrov




Here is data structure research Niv Dayan's page.
  1. Scaling Write-Intensive Key-Value Stores
  2. SILK: Preventing Latency Spikes in Log-Structured Merge Key-Value Stores
  3. What Every Programmer has to know about Database Storage by Alex Petrov

No comments:

Post a Comment