Saturday, February 22, 2020

Design twitter - system design preparation

Feb. 22, 2020

Introduction


It is important for me to push myself hard to improve performance as a system design interviewer. I got lowest rating recently, since the interviewee thought that he wasted time to be interviewed. I like to put together a showcase to share with interviewees, strong players, good players, and just so-so players. So I can share the list at the end of each system design interview.

Showcase


I like to share the links in the following:

1. Strong player - I got rating as 1 out of 4 as an interviewer, here is his performance.
2. Strong player who works for booking.com
Here is the gist.
3. Very good player, Feb. 22, 2020, 10:00 AM. Here is the transcript. He is young graduate from university of Waterloo, Microsoft SDE II.



Long polling, the article link is here.

I am reading the book, Design large data intensive application. Recently I spent over a week to read book chapter related to data storage. If you like to learn more about my experience, continue to read.

If you like to learn more about LSM-Tree, please take a look my blog. I read book chapter of data storage, and then I spent over a week to read the book, but I could not understand it, so I did some research and found some good learning videos from Microsoft research. Here is the blog.

March 8, 2020
I like to ask system design API like Leetcode 355 Design twitter, my favorite discussion post is here.

March 8, 2020
Here is the article related to twitter design, and I use the content for me to evaluate the candidate for advanced web architecture. Topics like Trend topic and other things.

March 11, 2020 10:10 PM reading the design here.

March 22, 2020
showcase is here.


No comments:

Post a Comment