Friday, January 10, 2020

Life is tough to be a book reader

January 10, 2020

Introduction


It is my new year resolution. I like to spend time to read a book called restful web service, and I like to learn from book reading. But life is tough and I have to figure out how to read a book more efficiently.

Book reading


I have not read a book long term. A few years ago I learn JavaScript, and I found that I should read a JavaScript book. At that time, I started to watch pluralsight.com courses.

I like to work on my reading skills, and see how I can learn better compared to watch LinkedIn courses and other ways.

Right now, I found out that I have to go back to read the first few pages, and make sure that I understand better.

Sometime I cannot concentrate too long to read a book. I have to write down what I like to do after I read 10 to 20 minutes. Instead of doing it right away, I write down the idea, and then continue to read the book, but I change the strategy, print out one or two pages, or start all over again from first page of chapter.

After two days, I am still working on the first chapter.

This too shall pass. I remembered the statement, and I like to search bible version on this topic. Here is the article.

Actionable Items


I need to work hard, and then I can show case how I read the book efficiently. I like to focus on book reading and see if I can learn better compared to video watching, like linkedIn learning, or other online courses.

Follow up
Feb. 2, 2020 10:39 PM
It is better for me to take some courses from Linkedin Learning. There are a few courses related to restful API.

No comments:

Post a Comment