Thursday, September 23, 2021

I am a new person | Take breaks | Meet friends on running court | Sept. 22, 2021 | Onsite first day

Sept. 23, 2021

Introduction

It is hard for me to manage so many past discussion posts of algorithms and also system design interview study. I came cross so many blogs in my blog, how I should prepare for my onsite for system design and algorithm. 

I am a new person | Take breaks | Mental health

I did take a 20 minutes walk and tried to relax myself during study. I made some plans for lunch and snacks. It is not easy to handle stress and it is important not to bring stress into the onsite interviews as well. 

I also took multiple breaks during study. I think that it is better for me to learn how to communicate through real interviews.

I have to think more carefully. After the onsite, I chose to go out to run in Burnaby central middle school. We had a gather-up training, and I ran less than 2 miles. I learn how to discipline myself through running training. I need to get my weight under 180 lb in order for me to run better and easily. 

I also like to take some notes to summarize what I could have done better through those two interviews. 

  1. Aiming optimal solution in terms of algorithm problem solving. Still need to ask more clarification questions, I should take actions quickly and work harder, and work on a few examples, and explain what to work on. 
  2. System design, I need to work on the structure of interview better, summary the architecture in better ways. What to cover or not cover, and also do not bring too many topics into conversation, focus on architecture. 
  3. Focus on technical topics, I did not mention anything about horizontal scaling, CAP theorem, and microservice architecture, and CQSG - command query segregation pattern etc. 
  4. Ask dive-deep questions about large distributed system - my goal, better question to ask, for example, "If there are 10 books to cover large distributed system and master the basics, what those 10 books will be?".
  5. Need to take more breaks after the first and first two interviews. I did not have too many ideas, but I did not eat a lot since I only ate enough, it was best case to handle my two interviews.
Actionable items

Follow up Sept. 23, 2021 6:24 PM
  1. What is your best advice to learn large distributed system? For example, if there is a book you read and you learn tremendously, what is the book? Do you think that there are 10 books to read in your quick thoughts?
  2. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment