Sunday, January 9, 2022

GT stock: Goodyear Raising Prices as Demand Outpaces Supply

Jan. 9, 2022

Here is the link. 

Jun.21 -- Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. CEO Richard Kramer talks about supply chain issues, raising prices and a new "smart tire" with Matt Miller and Amanda Lang.

My notes:

  1. Intelligent tire - predict 90% problem before it happens, send signal to cloud, machine learning, AI, some sim chips inside tire, connecting to the auto board 
  2. Stock up cycle - 100% gain in 2021, and what to do in order to get back at $35/ share price level
  3. Market - airline, international travel, mining not back - historical performance depends on travel
  4. OEM, ......
  5. Future like rubber - sustainability - soybean to replace chemical etc. 


Actionable Items

I did look into 100% return on GTE tire in April, 2021, but I did not make any purchase and any follow-up afterwards. I need to design a process for me to review the stocks once a month, and cover all possible best bets I came cross by my own research. Here is my blog on GT stock dated on April 3, 2021 (GT price was $17.92, Jan. 10, 2022 $21.38).

I did not spend time on stock market youtube Chinese channel as well. I can learn much better through those Chinese channels.


No comments:

Post a Comment