Monday, January 10, 2022

How to learn quickly on large distributed system?

Jan. 10, 2022

Introduction

It is tough for me to learn large distributed system quickly. I like to write a small research blog on this topic and then share my journey to work full time last 11 years. How to learn quickly and also be confident on learning as well. 

Book reading


I really like to read all kinds of large distributed system books starting from June 2021. I think that it takes time to read books, but one good book can really help me a lot. 

One of ideas is to read all kinds of large distributed books on the market, and then I should learn much better than most of people even with a lot of experience. 

Paper reading


It is hard for me to read BigTable and GFS paper, MapReduce paper in order to master the design of NoSQL, large distributed file system. I have to go through lecture notes first, and then also I need to read Chinese article as well. 

Lecture noted reading


Video watch


I found out that it is so helpful for me to stay on track of learning BigTable by watching the video every day. I will find a keyword, and then start to Google it. So I can find more blogs to read and learn much better. 

The video is here. And I googled BigTable field promotion keyword after more than 20 times watching, I started to read some blogs to help me learn better. Here is the blog. 




No comments:

Post a Comment