Tuesday, April 24, 2018

10+ rounds of mock interviews

April 24, 2018

Introduction


It took me more than one hour to figure out how many rounds of mock interview I had starting from March 2016. I learn that it is important for me to get organized, and try to get some insights from those mock interviews.

Mock interview 


Here is the summary to show my ten rounds of mock interview.


Learning is so much fun


I used to attend church and had good time in Willingdom small group from 2010 to 2015. I used to go out with over twenty people to hiking and enjoyed trails near the city of Vancouver. But I never imaged that learning algorithm and data structure can be the similar experience. You can learn from one peer a time, and then learn from hundreds of players. Only thing is that I have to force myself to work on those 30 algorithms again and again. But it surprises me that I learn better from those 30 algorithms.

What I believe is that once you learn how to master a hard algorithm like Leetcode 10: regular expression matching and Edit distance, you just apply to other algorithms.

Bible teaching always uses seven to remind us to forgive a person. But learning algorithm Leetcode 10: regular expression matching takes me more than 7 times, more than 14, 21 times. With so many peers to work together on the algorithm, I start to think and understand how I learn the algorithm thoroughly. That is a lot of hard work and a lot of patience to allow myself master the algorithm.

C# source code


It takes time for me to put together all C# source code I wrote for each round of mock interview. Here is the folder to check on github. I will add one by one for each algorithm or all algorithms for each round.


Reference:


All the algorithm and problem statements can be looked up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment