Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Career struggle case study: self learner

Dec. 4, 2018

Introduction


It is a good topic to write down a topic called career struggle, how to be a self learner? I took one day vacation today to attend Microsoft connect event in the downtown of city of Vancouver. I also invited my friend in the Willingdon church, and we had chance to walk in the down town after the event. I like to write a topic related to the money community, and how to be a supporter this holiday season to my community and a friend.

Keep learning


I wrote a blog to document my three purchase of exchange dollars from Canadian to US dollars. Based on the fact that I made mistakes to purchase high and sell low Canadian dollars, I learn that I only need to take five minutes to save thousands dollars. I just need to ask myself a few questions before I make a big purchase, what is alternatives? Where to find it? How long does it take? Do I have time to handle it? Can I slow down and take a small step instead? Here is the blog.

Job experience


I came cross this question from The 20 rules of money.

If you have steady income over 10 years, then you have chance to learn how to play double game of money. It is much better that you just get big pay check for a few years, and then you have to start all over again to find a job. Since you do not learn how to double your money yet. For me it is true that I never had chance to learn how to double my money, I spent years from 2010 to 2017 to pay off a home equity line in USA. I finally did it in 2017 and then I also learned that the value of property doubles again.

I think that learning experience is very important for me. Now I have confidence to learn how to be a good investor since I learn from my own experience from 1999 to 2017. Even though it is just $40,000 dollars, and also I learn how to be a landlord, how to maintain the place, put a central AC in, put a new tiled floor, and how to handle roof leak, hurricane. How to define my market and find my renters.

No comments:

Post a Comment