Friday, January 18, 2019

Case study: Longest univalue path algorithm as an interviewer

Jan 18, 2018

Introduction


It is hard to be an interviewer. I have over 144 interviews as an interviewer on interviewing.io. On Jan. 17, 2019, 10:00 PM, I worked with a young engineer and then we worked together to come out the perfect solution together using JavaScript.

Case study 


I need to push myself to write down the process to explain the solution, and share the interviewee how I hack the solution for this tree algorithm.

The problem was that I memorized the solution, I wrote the idea with a bug, and then the interviewee helped me to fix the bug.

Here are a few steps to show how we work together. Another comment is to have a lot of fun to work with a senior developer from California sillicon valley startup. I checked the website and learned that the culture in the startup is pretty interesting and very good experience to work with people from the company.




No comments:

Post a Comment