Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Case study: 687. Longest Univalue Path discussion post

May 1, 2019

Introduction


It is so interesting to write a short research blog to talk about my learning experience from 687 longest univalue path. I like to make it simple and talk about discussion posts I shared.

Discussion posts


I wrote a few discussion post. Here is the snapshot taken on May 1, 2019.


687. Longest univalue path optimal solution
687. Longest univalue path with design flaw, pass 43 out of 68 test cases
687. Longest univalue path copy the idea from most popular post
687. Longest univalue path learn from a mock interview
687. Longest univalue path C# post order - check with parent value with step by step illustration


I worked on the algorithm with over 20 interviews on interviewing.io from August 2018 to May 2019. I learn that there are so many solutions and it is hard for me to be an interviewer. The algorithm definitely is not an easy level. 

However, I still do not get any upvote from my sharing. One thing I can do is to revisit last post, and then put all diagrams into one diagram to illustrate the steps. 


Time lines


August 11, 2018
I took my ex-coach's advice, worked on easy level algorithms on leetcode.com. This is the first time I learn the algorithm and how hard it is for me to solve it.

I failed to submit a working solution. I wrote the code and also shared the solution. Just by luck, there is no down vote on this one.

August 11, 2018


No comments:

Post a Comment