Saturday, January 27, 2018

Hard level algorithm is a good choice?

January 27, 2018

Introduction


It is most important to learn something from Silicon Valley engineering culture. I am in the city of Vancouver last eight years. Last week I had 3 mock interview on interviewing.io, I learned something about mock interview the first time.

Hard level algorithm is biased


The interviewer told me that the very hard level is biased for people who have worked on the algorithm before. The interview from facebook mostly is focusing on the data structure efficient, bug-free code. Dynamic programming or string manipulation algorithm can be very hard to work on.

I had to work on group of anagrams, and then I felt so good and then spent over 25 minutes. But the interviewer gave me feedback. In order to pass his interview, the interviewee usually takes 12 minutes to go over the problem and also write the solution.

I have to work on his advice. The peer has over 500 mock interview experience so he told me the truth the facts in terms of competing for any position in top ranking start up and software companies these days in Silicon Valley, California.

Here is my mock interview practice.

Follow up 


Feb. 12, 2018

I meet a peer on mock interview platform, and then he told me that he got rating 4 out of 4 on this algorithm group of anagrams. He did talk about all four possible solutions, including short word using sorting with time complexity O(n * mlogm), m is word's length;



No comments:

Post a Comment